Mother's Day is a month away — do you know what you're getting the mamas in your life? Whether you're looking for your wife, mom or close friend, I've got you covered. Here are my top picks:
For the grieving mama (who finds this holiday particularly painful)
- even if you can't afford a gift, send a card. It will mean a lot.
- a Laurelbox — with this free download for a card (or, create your own package — I suggest a magazine, chocolate, and a face mask or bubble bath)
- flowers or a plant
- a gift card to the movies, spa or coffee shop
For moms of all ages
- a gift card to Target that's ALL FOR HER
- the insistence (not just offer) of your service: I'm going to watch the baby/kids so you can nap, I'm vacuuming the house, I'm bringing dinner, etc. — and get it on the calendar asap!
- anything from The Jones Market (their gorgeous teething jewelry is a great gift for mamas of young babes, and the print shown above is just the sweetest thing ever. I bought it for myself!)
- pretty or fun pajamas (I like this set and this fun top)
- a fun photo-related gift (that isn't a mug), such as a set of magnetic prints or a bookmark (I use photographs as bookmarks all the time)
- a neck wrap she can microwave (like this) — often available at stores like TJ Maxx or Marshalls
- an experience you can share together — tickets to see her that musician she loves but you've never heard of, coffee and treats at her favorite bakery, or even simply a walk around the park just the two of you
- fancy chocolate — World Market, Trader Joe's and Wegmans are all good places to look
- wine ;)
While all these gifts are lovely, there is one thing moms want most: Sleep. Haha. OK that's true, but what I really think is the most precious thing is to tell them they're doing a fabulous job.