I've been happily swamped with client work and haven't had much time to dedicate to blog posting this week. We're expecting to receive a bunch of snow this weekend and I'm envisioning lots of snuggles, reading and soup-eating. I LOVE snow and told myself I'd try to be done with my work by the time it starts to fall this afternoon. I want to sit and watch it fall without any distractions! :)
I've put together a few things for you to enjoy this weekend, whether you're snowed in or reading this on a beach somewhere:
if you want a good laugh
- I cried laughing while reading The Presidents of the United States: When They Were Young and Hunky.
- Watching Kathy Lee topple a "magical" mug made my week. (In the words of my friend Zack, "some women just want to watch the world burn.")
if you're hungry (and have power)
- These oven baked fries are a cinch to make. One large potato is enough for the both of us if I'm using the fries as a side, but I use two large potatoes if I'm making them as our main dish. (Yes, we eat fries for dinner now and then. It's great.) I prefer to go light on the oil. I put foil down on a baking sheet (and spray it) so I don't have to clean the pan. Sometimes I toss the fries with garlic powder, rosemary or cayenne pepper.
- The chill time is a bummer, but these peanut butter cookies look like they're worth it — and the ingredients are all normal pantry staples!
if you're craving suspense
- I listened to the fictional podcast "Limetown" while driving in the dark and was completely spellbound.
- If you still haven't read "Girl on the Train" or "All the Light We Cannot See" -- dash to the library or download the electronic version STAT. "All the Light We Cannot See" was one of my top books of 2014.
if you came to this blog to read about design and you're annoyed that I'm taking about french fries
- Y'all know I love floor plans. Here are 13 floor plans from television shows, including "The Simpsons," "Seinfeld" and "Gilmore Girls."
- Designer and stylist Emily Henderson weighs in on the longevity of 13 popular kitchen trends.
- The oldest mall in America (built in 1828 in Rhode Island) is being transformed into a mixed-use building, including 48 micro apartments. Most measure between only 225 and 450 square feet!
- I would have never guessed this butler's pantry project included marble contact paper! Brilliant!
- What would your make-believe reading nook include? Mine would have coffee, a blanket, a real hold-in-your-hands book, thick socks and a bowl of popcorn or tortilla chips.
- And, in case you missed these:
Hope your weekend is safe, warm and cozy, friends!