One of the assignments for the design course I’m taking this summer is to try to find a floor plan for our dream home. I plugged in my desired number of bedrooms and bathrooms, checked off the additional rooms I’d like to see (such as a study/den, a walk-in pantry, etc.) and hit “enter.”
I browsed around the site for a bit and came across this main floor floor plan. It’s not quite perfect, but it does include several of the “hopefuls” on my dream house wish list.
Here’s what I’d love to have in a home:
- A library/den with exposed beams
- A kitchen/breakfast room/great room combo, with a large peninsula countertop (just like in the floor plan!)
- Two ovens
- A walk-in pantry or butler’s pantry
- A master suite with walk-in closets, double vanity and clawfoot tub
- Guest suite
- At least one grand fireplace
- A large front porch or a wraparound porch
- A screened-in porch off of the breakfast room/great room
- A finished laundry room
I’m going through this list and realizing my friend Sarah’s house has nearly all of these features! No wonder I loved it so much.
Years ago Andy and I wrote a dream house list together, and I had forgotten all about it until I came across it while going through old love letters. I realized our current townhouse (our first purchased home) met a lot of our wishes! We have two fireplaces, a den, a master suite with a walk-in closet and double vanity and a guest suite.
What’s on your dream house wish list?